Thursday, May 14, 2020

May 10th (Mother's Day)

Well I got to sleep in this morning which was nice.
Then came downstairs to donuts, roses and a homemade card from the girls.
I requested the donuts from KC donut company...yummy.
But then Nick informed me Breck a family friend he was doing the side job for gave them to me.
So basically Nick did nothing for me?
Like most mother's day, birthdays Nick doesn't plan a lot.
So I wasn't thrilled but took some time to myself.
We got lunch at Slim Chicken's and then headed to Olathe Lake to enjoy the nice weather.

Lets get out and about and have some family fun!
Plus I haven't been here in years!
 Beach area we can hopefully check out this summer!
Weee going down the hill!

So pretty around here and peaceful!
Family selfie!


Lots of trails.
Going to a bridge!
Nicks I phone with Portrait Mode!
Love it!



They are getting so big!


Love you girls!

Helping Ella up the hill.
 Really cool playground we found! We will need to come back to play on it!
I loved this tree!



 We stopped by Walgreens to grab a little extra to go in my mom's gift then we headed home.
My parents and brother came over at 4 to hang out on the driveway and give my mom her gifts.
I gave Stephen a hint...kohls gift card!

I got her earrings from Mindy.
Printed off family photos I knew she hadn't yet.
(She also has a photo book coming from Shutterfly that is late)

 
Adelyn hanging in Daddy's truck.
My parents brought gizzards to snack on! Yummy.
Picture with her kids.

 She got my brother and I matching KU Masks!
 Having fun on her bike. It was so nice to talk with everyone for a couple hours.
We then all decided to order Sake for dinner and take to our own houses, but the wait was an hour. Boo.
I was going to get Chinese but Sake sounded yummy.
Well it turned out we had to wait an additional 45 minutes.
The girls and I watched the movie "Cats" ….very weird. Haven't seen the musical before so didn't know anything about it.
Finally eating at 8:15 at night! Wow that's late. Another late night for the girls.

My card from Addie and Ella.

Love this!


No comments:

Post a Comment